When using Word track changes and comments when collaborating on Word documents. Track changes in Word to ensure error-free files.
Accepting and rejecting changes
Tracked changes are really just suggested changes. To become permanent, they have to be accepted. On the other hand, the original author may disagree with some of the tracked changes and choose to reject them.
To accept or reject changes:
- Select the change you want to accept or reject.
Selecting a change
- From the Review tab, click the Accept or Reject command.
The Accept and Reject commands
- If you accepted the change, the markup will disappear, and the text will look normal.
After accepting a change
For some tracked changes, you can reject the changes by deleting them as if they were normal text. For example, if a reviewer adds a word to a sentence, you can just delete the word.
To accept all changes:
- From the Review tab, click the Accept drop-down arrow. A drop-down menu will appear.
Accepting all changes
- Select Accept All Changes in Document.
To reject all changes:
- From the Review tab, click the Reject drop-down arrow. A drop-down menu will appear.
Rejecting all changes
- Select Reject All Changes in Document.
Accepting or rejecting all changes does not affect comments, so if you want to delete them you'll have to do so separately.