Indents and Tabs
In Word 2016 indents and tabs add structure to documents. Use the MS Word indent ruler and tabs to help make documents clearer.
- Open our practice document.
- Use the Tab key to indent the beginning of each paragraph in the body of the cover letter. These start with I am exceedingly interested, While working toward, and Enclosed is a copy.
- When you're finished, the first page should look like this:
- Scroll to page 2.
- Select all of the text below Training & Education on page 2.
- Place a right tab at the 6" (15.25 cm) mark.
- Insert your cursor before each date range, then press the Tab key. These dates include 2008, 1997-2001, and 1995-1997.
- Select each job description under the Experience section and move the Left Indent to the 0.25" (50 mm) mark.
- When you're finished, page 1 should look something like this: