In Word shapes can be added and altered to add clarity and visual appeal. Use shapes in Word for all types of Word documents.
- Open our practice document.
- On the right side of the page, insert a cloud shape from the Basic shapes group. Hint: Shape names appear when you hover over them.
- Change the shape outline to gray.
- Change the shape fill to white.
- Under the Shape Effects drop-down menu, add a Circle Bevel.
- On top of the cloud, insert a Sun shape from the Basic shapes group.
- Change the shape style to your choice of a Gold style. Hint: Style names appear when you hover over them. Make sure the style name has the word Gold in it.
- Send the sun shape backward so it is behind the cloud shape.
- If needed, move the cloud shape so the sun is peeking out from behind it.
- When you're finished, your image should look something like this: