Identifying Parts of the Word Window
Familiarize yourself with the Word XP window and the parts of it in this free lesson.
Operating the new drop-down menus
To open a menu:
- Click a menu name on the menu bar.
- View the commands listed under the drop-down menu.
- With the menu open, drag the mouse pointer to a command and click it to select the command. (As you drag your mouse pointer over the commands, each command is highlighted in light blue.)
- If there is a small black triangle next to a command, hover the mouse pointer over the command with the triangle and a cascading menu with additional options will appear. Point and click to make a selection from the cascading menu.
- Commands that are not used often in XP are initially hidden from the viewer. If you do not see all of the commands on a menu, click the double arrows at the bottom of the drop-down menu. You can also double-click the menu to expand it.