Learn how to use and manipulate the Word XP symbols available in this free lesson.
To insert symbols into your document:
- Click Insert on the menu bar.
- Select Symbols. The Symbols dialog box appears.
- Click the Symbols tab to select a symbol from a font type.
- Click the Special Characters tab to view other commonly used symbols.
- Click the symbol or special character you want to use, then click Insert.
- The symbol or character will show up in your document.
- Click Close.
The available symbols will depend on which fonts you have installed on your machine. Word comes with preinstalled symbols for you use, but other fonts such as wingdings will also offer numerous symbol options.