Adding Form Records
In Access 2000 adding form records may seem confusing at first. This free lesson offers step-by-step instructions.
Add a form record by doing the following:
- Open the Great Lake Elementary School database.
- In the database window, choose the Forms tab from the Objects palette.
- Double-click the New Student form to open it.
- Practice navigating the form.
- Click the New Record button to display a blank entry.
- Enter the following data for new student Amanda Lewis:
- Student Name: Amanda Lewis
- Student ID: 999887777
- Grade: 4
- Teacher ID: 4
- Parent Name: Thurman Lewis
- Address: 456 Tutor Drive
- City: Anytown
- Phone: 1012339571 (do not attempt to preformat the number)
- Use Enter or Tab to move from one field to the next.
- Close the form.
- Double-click on the New Student form to reopen it.
- Check to see if Access 2000 saved your addition. Remember, Access saves records automatically.
- Close the New Student form.