Making Forms More Usable with Controls
In this Access forms tutorial you will learn how to make Access forms more usable with controls while increasing the integrity of your Access database.
If you haven't already done so, save the sample Ready2Read database to your computer.
- Open the Orders Form, and change the form properties so it limits users to adding records only.
- Hide the Order ID and Order Date fields.
- Set the Order Date field property to have a Default Value of the current date.
- Create drop-down lists for the Customer ID and Book ID fields, making sure they contain helpful information for users and correctly populate the database with ID numbers.
- Add a command button to the form.