Designing a Simple Query
When designing an Access query it can be simple or more complex. In Access simple query guidelines let you pull important data.
- Open our practice database.
- Create a new query.
- Select the Customers table to include in your query.
- Add the following fields from the Customers table to your query:
- Set the following criteria:
In the City field, type "Durham" to return only records with Durham in the City field.
In the Zip Code field, type "27514" in the or: row to return records that are either in Durham or zip code 27514.
- Run the query. If you entered the query correctly, your results will include 15 records of customers who live in Durham OR in zip code 27514.
- Save the query with the name Customers who live in Durham.