Opening a Table and Learning to Navigate Records
In Access XP opening tables can be done using the steps in this lesson. In Access XP navigating records can be done as well.
- Open the contact management database.
- Open the Contacts table in Datasheet view.
- In sequence, click through each of the following buttons in the status area: next record, last record, previous record, and first record.
- In the far right side of the title bar, click the Restore Down button. Practice scrolling through the table using the horizontal and vertical scroll bars. Take a screen print of the window showing the horizontal and vertical scroll bars.
- Practice using the keyboard to navigate table records. Notice how the cursor moves from record to record for each of the following keys:
- Page Down
- Page Up
- Down Arrow
- Up Arrow