Learn how to use the Microsoft Edge favorites features to add and manage your most visited websites.
Have you ever found a website you wanted to view later, only to realize you didn't remember the URL? Favorites (called bookmarks in most browsers) are a great way to save and organize websites so you can revisit them.
In this lesson, we'll discuss how to add favorites in Edge and how to manage and organize your favorites and folders.
Watch the video below to learn the basics of adding and managing favorites in Edge.
To add a favorite:
- With the desired website open in your browser, select the star button next to the address bar.
- A dialog box will appear. To choose a folder for your favorite, click the drop-down menu below Save in, then select a folder.
- Click Add to save the website as a favorite.
Once you've added a website to your favorites, there are several ways to open the website.
- The address bar: As you begin typing in the address bar, any favorites matching the text will appear with a star next to them. Click a favorite to open it.
- The Hub: Click the Hub button, then select the Favorites tab to see your favorites.
If you'll be using your favorites regularly, you may want to learn how to organize them so they're easy to access. Grouping favorites into folders will make it easier to find the one you need.
To create a folder:
- Click the Hub button, then select the Favorites tab.
- Right-click in the Favorites pane, then select Create new folder.
- A new folder will appear. Type a name for the folder, then press Enter. The new folder will now appear in the Favorites menu.
- You can then click and drag favorites into the new folder.
To delete favorites and folders:
- From the Favorites tab in the Hub, locate the favorite or folder you want to delete, then right-click and select Delete.
- The favorite or folder will be deleted.