Excel charts let you illustrate your workbook data graphically to see trends. Also use charts in Excel to visualize comparisons.
Creating an embedded chart
Embedded charts are charts that reside in the same worksheet as the source data.
To embed a chart in a worksheet:
- Choose ViewToolbarsChart.
- Select the range of cells you want to chart. Your source data should include at least three categories or numbers.
- On the Chart toolbar, click the chart type drop-down menu and select the chart you want to use.
- To add a title to your chart, open the chart options dialog box: ChartOptions.
- Select the Titles tab, and enter your title in the Chart Title text box.
Keep in mind that different charts will work best with different data. For example, a pie chart can only display one data series at a time.