Enter, Edit, and Delete Data
Basic formatting in Excel can customize the look and feel of your Excel spreadsheet. Learn about formatting cells in Excel here.
- Open your Monthly Budget file.
- Type the following data in the spreadsheet:
- In cell A1, type Monthly Budget.
- In cell A2, type Rent OR Mortgage.
- In cell A3, type Car Payment.
- In cell A4, type Cable.
- In cell A5, type Power.
- In cell A6, type Phone.
- In cell A7, type Insurance.
- In cell A8, type Credit Cards.
- In cell A9, type Groceries.
- In cell A10, type Gas.
- Type your other monthly bills in Column A, cells A11-A14 (if you have any).
- Type Total Monthly Expenses in cell A15.
- Type Income in cell A16.
- Type Savings in cell A17.
- Save and close the Monthly Budget file.