Use outlines in Excel to help organize your data into groups and summarize data for easier analysis.
- Open an existing Excel 2010 workbook. If you want, you can use this example.
- Outline your worksheet using the Subtotal command. If you are using the example, outline by T-shirt size.
- Display the first level of groups in your outline.
- Display the highest level to view your entire worksheet again.
- Create your own group of rows or columns, then hide the group from view.
- Ungroup any range of data.
- Remove subtotaling from your worksheet.