The Excel sort function is useful for rearranging data. When working in Excel sorting data can quickly reorganize content too.
- Open an existing Excel 2010 workbook. If you want, you can use this example.
- Sort a column in ascending or descending order. If you are using the example, sort by Homeroom #.
- Add a second level, and sort it according to cell color, font color, or cell icon. If you are using the example, add a second and third level to sort by the red and grey fonts used in T-Shirt Color.
- Add another level, and sort it using a Custom List. If you are using the example, sort by T-Shirt Size in the order of Small, Medium, Large, and X-Large.
- Change the sorting priority. If you are using the example, reorder the list to sort by T-Shirt Color (red), then by T-Shirt Color (grey), then by T-Shirt Size, then by Homeroom #.