Modifying Columns, Rows, and Cells
In Excel column width can be modified, as can row height and width in Excel. Learn to modify Excel cells in this free Excel 2016 lesson.
- Open an existing Excel 2013 workbook. If you want, you can use our practice workbook.
- Modify the width of a column. If you are using the example, use the column that contains the players' first names.
- Insert a column between column A and column B, then insert a row between row 3 and row 4.
- Delete a column or a row.
- Move a column or row.
- Try using the Text Wrap command on a cell range. If you are using the example, wrap the text in the column that contains street addresses.
- Try merging some cells. If you are using the example, merge the cells in the title row using the Merge & Center command (cell range A1:E1).