In Excel complex formulas can include several operations. Use complex formulas in Excel to calculate more extensive data.
For this challenge, you are going to work with another invoice like the one in our example. In the invoice, you will find the amount of tax for the order, the order's total, and the order's total if you were given a 10% discount.
- Open our practice workbook.
- Click the Challenge worksheet tab in the bottom-left of the workbook.
- In cell D7, create a formula that calculates the tax for the invoice. Use a sales tax rate of 7.5%.
- In cell D8, create a formula that finds the total for the order. In other words, this formula should add cells D3:D7.
- In cell D9 create a formula that calculates the total after a 10% discount. If you need help understanding how to take a percentage off of a total, check out our lesson on Discounts, Markdowns, and Sales.
- When you're finished, your spreadsheet should look like this: