Groups and Subtotals
In Excel groups and subtotals let you can hide data and summarize groups. Use groups and subtotals in Excel to better read data too.
- Open our practice workbook.
- Click on the Challenge tab in the bottom-left of the workbook.
- Sort the workbook by Grade from smallest to largest.
- Use the Subtotal command to group at each change in Grade. Use the SUM function and add subtotals to Amount Raised.
- Select Level 2 so that you only see the subtotals and grand total.
- When you're finished, your workbook should look like this: