Intro to Formulas
When using formulas in Excel you can add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Use Excel formulas to also make cell references in Excel.
- Open our practice workbook.
- Click the Challenge tab in the bottom-left of the workbook.
- Create a formula in cell D4 that multiplies the quantity in B4 by the price per unit in cell C4.
- Use the fill handle to copy the formula in cell D4 to cells D5:D7.
- Change the price per unit for the fried plantains in cell C6 to $2.25. Notice that the line total automatically changes as well.
- Edit the formula for the total in cell D8 so it also adds cell D7.
- When you're finished, your workbook should look like this: