Creating Simple Formulas
When using formulas in Excel XP you can add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Use simple Excel formulas to also make cell references in Excel.
- In cell A1, type 1234.
- In cell A2, type 15865.
- Click the cell where you want the result to appear.
- Type a formula in cell A3 that adds cell A1 and cell A2.
- Type a formula in cell A4 that subtracts cell A1 from cell A2.
- Type a formula in cell A5 that multiplies cell A1 by cell A2.
- Type a formula in cell A6 that divides cell A2 by cell A1.