Formatting Excel XP numbers can improve how your spreadsheet looks. Use the number function in Excel XP to also better organize content.
Formatting dates in the Format Cells dialog box
The date can be formatted in many different ways in Excel XP. Here are a few ways it can appear:
October 6, 2003
To format the appearance of a date in a cell:
- Select a cell or range of cells.
- Choose FormatCells from the menu bar.
- The Format Cells dialog box opens.
- Click the Number tab.
- Click Date in the Category drop-down list.
- Select the desired date format from the Type drop-down list.
- Click OK.