To insert special characters:
Google Docs offers a large collection of special characters. They are useful when writing equations, and they can serve as decorative accents as well.
- Place the insertion point where you want to insert a special character.
- Click Insert, then select Special characters.
- The Insert Special Characters dialog box will appear.
- Use the drop-down arrows above the character grid to browse groups of symbols. In our example, we are browsing for musical symbols to add to our document.
- Click the desired symbol to insert it into your document.
- The symbol will appear in your document.