Managing a Checking Account
Use these checking account tips to better understand how to manage a checking account.
Operating an ATM
ATMs may differ in appearance. However, they operate in the same basic way.
To use an ATM:
- Insert your ATM, debit card, or credit card into a slot on the machine.
- You may be asked to select English or Spanish.
- Using the machine's number keypad, Enter your PIN.
- Press Enter.
- Select your transaction—for example, Withdrawal, Deposit, Transfer Funds, or Account Balance.
- Another list of choices appears based on your transaction. For example, you may need to select which account you want to withdraw or deposit funds to, or which account you want to transfer money from and which one you want to transfer money to.
- You will also need to select or enter the amount of money you want to withdraw or deposit. If you are making a deposit, you will have to put the amount into a deposit envelope and insert it into a slot on the machine.
- Your transaction will be processed. For example, if you made a withdrawal the machine will issue you cash.
- Your card will be returned to you, and a receipt will be printed if you requested one. Don't forget your card!