Insert and Delete Text
Inserting text in Office 2003 and deleting text in Office 2003 are easy once you get to know how. Learn about it in this lesson.
- Open Word 2003.
- Notice the insertion point at the beginning of a document.
- Press the up and down arrow keys to move the insertion point.
- Notice that the insertion point cannot be moved. This is because the file is currently blank.
- Type some text into the document.
- Skip a few lines (using the Enter key), and type some more text.
- Practice moving the insertion point using the various methods described in this lesson.
- Notice that the black horizontal line indicating the end of your file moves according to what you insert into the file.
- Practice using the backspace and delete keys.
- Close the file.
- Do not save the file.