If you're wondering what is Office 2003, let this free tutorial help. It offers Office help for answers your most common questions.
Why upgrade to Microsoft Office 2003?
Before you upgrade your computer to Office 2003, consider the following:
- Does your current software meet your current or future computing needs? Why or why not? If you're a typical home user, Office 2003 Standard may meet your needs. If you currently own a previous version of Office, you may be eligible to purchase the upgrade. Visit Microsoft's website for pricing information.
- Check for compatibility. Will Office 2003 run on your computer's processor? Is Office 2003 compatible with your current operating system (it requires either the Windows XP or Windows 2000 operating system; it will not work with the older Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millennium Edition)? How much RAM will it require? How much hard disk space is needed? What drive, display, or peripherals may be needed?
- Conduct additional research. CNET offers several informative reviews and articles. Learning about the software's capabilities may convince you it's worth the cost of upgrading.
- If you have the opportunity, test Office 2003 (at a friend's house, the library, school, or work, for example) before buying. For a small fee, you can order a 30-day trial version of Office 2003 from Microsoft's website.
- Don't be afraid of change. Although Office 2003 takes some getting used to, you may find working with the new interface is easier than ever.
Depending on which version of Office you have, there are many reasons to upgrade to 2003. Here are just a few:
- Excellent anti-spam and other dramatic enhancements applied to Outlook, including search folders and colored message flags
- Word improvements include reading view, research pane, and the ability to protect portions of a document
- Full-screen video clips in PowerPoint
- The Task pane allows you to accomplish more in less time
- Quickly and easily access information from the Web while working within an Office program
- Send for Review helps you easily track changes made to your documents
- Manage all of your email accounts using Microsoft Outlook
- Smart tags alert you to important actions, such as formatting options for pasted information and formula error correction
For pricing and complete descriptions of each version, visit Microsoft.