Save and Save As
Learn all about saving in Office XP in this free lesson.
- Open Word 2002.
- Type "I just learned how to save a file."
- Save your file using one of the methods mentioned in this lesson.
- With the Save As dialog box open, name your document Save1.
- Save the file on the desktop.
- After "I just learned how to save a file" type "I just learned how to use Save As."
- Choose FileSave As.
- Rename the file Save 2.
- Save Save2 to the desktop.
- Close both files.
- Close or minimize Word 2002.
- Return to the desktop. You should notice two file icons, Save1 and Save2, on your desktop.