When working in PowerPoint 2000 hyperlinks are easy to add. Learn how in this free lesson.
PowerPoint allows you to add a hyperlink in your presentation. This means you can link to existing PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, websites, and other files.
To add a hyperlink:
- Select the text or object you want to represent the hyperlink.
- Click the Insert Hyperlink button.
- The Insert Hyperlink dialog box appears.
- In the Link to section of the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click Existing File or Web Page to add a link to an existing file or webpage.
- Choose the file or webpage from the list, or type the file or webpage name.
- In the Link to section of the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click Create New Document to link to a file you have not yet created.
- Type a name for the new document.
- Designate the path for the new document.
- Open it for editing now or edit it later.
- Click OK.