Ordering Objects on a Slide
Use the PowerPoint 2003 ordering objects feature to put elements where you want them to go. Learn how in this free lesson.
By the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Order objects such as pictures, text boxes, and other images on a slide
You may want to arrange multiple objects on a slide to overlap them or arrange them in a visually appealing way. PowerPoint allows you to order objects so you have flexibility with how you design each slide.
To order objects:
- Select the object you wish to move.
- Right-click the object.
- Select Order.
- Select one of the four options from the cascading menu, and the object will move to the location you choose:
- Bring to Front
- Send to Back
- Bring Forward
- Send Backward
- Continue to order the objects on your slide until they appear the way you wish.
- Insert a text box into a slide.
- Enter text into the text box.
- Insert a picture into a slide.
- Order the objects so the text box appears over the picture.
- Insert an AutoShape and position it beneath the right corner of the picture.
- Close the presentation without saving the file.