To spell check the entire presentation:
- Select the Review tab.
- Click the Spelling command in the Proofing group. A dialog box will appear.
- Locate the word that is not in the dictionary.
- Decide whether you want to ignore the word or change it.
- If you want to ignore the word, click Ignore, or click Ignore All to ignore all instances of the word.
- If you want to change the word, select the correct spelling from the Suggestions list.
- Click Change, or click Change All to change all instances of the word.
- Continue through the spelling check process until the entire presentation is checked. A dialog box will appear letting you know the presentation has been checked.
- Click OK.
There are additional buttons in the Spelling dialog box. For example, you can add a word to the dictionary, close the dialog box, and look for other suggestions.
Other proofing commands
The Proofing group includes four other commands.
- Research: This opens a task pane on the right side of the PowerPoint window. From here, you can search dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other material for information on a selected word or phrase.
- Thesaurus: This opens a Research task pane with the thesaurus tool selected. You can use the thesaurus to identify words that have a similar meaning to another word.
- Translate: This opens a Research task pane with the translation tool selected. This tool translates text from one language to another.
- Language: This opens a dialog box where you can set the language the PowerPoint spelling tool will use to check presentations.