In PowerPoint animate text and learn to use the PowerPoint animate object feature to bring PowerPoint presentations to life.
Working with animations
To add multiple animations to an object:
If you select a new animation from the menu in the Animation group, it will replace the object's current animation. However, you'll sometimes want to place more than one animation on an object, such as with an entrance and exit effect. To do this, you'll need to use the Add Animation command, which will allow you to keep your current animations while adding new ones.
- Select the object.
- Click the Animations tab.
- In the Advanced Animation group, click the Add Animation command to view the available animations.
- Select the desired animation effect.
Adding an additional animation
- If the object has more than one effect, it will have a different number for each effect. The numbers indicate the order in which the effects will occur.
An object with two animations
It's important to consider how you want animations to appear in your slide show. Well-placed animations can help emphasize important points or information, while too many animations can become distracting for your audience.
To copy animations with the Animation Painter:
Sometimes you may want to apply the same effects to more than one object. You can do this by copying the effects from one object to another using the Animation Painter.
- Click the object that has the effects you want to copy.
- From the Animations tab, click the Animation Painter command.
The Animation Painter command
- Click the object you want to copy the effects to. The effects will be applied to the object.
After copying the effects
To reorder the animations:
- Select the number of the effect you want to change.
Selecting an effect
- From the Animations tab, click the Move Earlier or Move Later commands to change the ordering.
Moving the effect later
To preview animations:
Any animation effects you have applied will show up when you play the slide show. However, you can also quickly preview the animations for the current slide without viewing the slide show.
- Navigate to the slide you want to preview.
- From the Animations tab, click the Preview command. The animations for the current slide will play.
Previewing the animations