Using the PowerPoint presentation review feature can help you prepare and get feedback from others on your slides before you present.
Video: Reviewing PowerPoint 2010 PresentationsWatch the video (3:58).
Have you been asked to work with someone to create a PowerPoint presentation? Or perhaps you've created a slide show and want another person to view it to make sure everything looks polished. PowerPoint's Comments and Compare features make it easier for you to collaborate with others on the content of your presentation.
Optional: You can download this example for extra practice.
Commenting on presentations
When you are revising or collaborating on a presentation, you might want to make notes or suggestions without actually changing anything on the slide. Using comments allows you to take note of anything on a slide without altering the slide itself. Comments can be added and read by the original author or any other reviewers.
To add a comment:
- Select the text, or click the area of the slide where you want the comment to appear.
- Select the Review tab, and locate the Comments group.
- Click the New Comment command.
The Insert Comment command
- Type your comment.
Typing a comment
- Click anywhere on the slide, and your comment will appear.
Added comments show up as small thumbnails rather than full-sized notes. To read a comment, hover your mouse over the thumbnail.
Hovering the mouse over the thumbnail to read the comment
To edit a comment:
- Select the comment you want to edit by clicking the comment thumbnail.
Selecting a comment to edit
- Click the Review tab.
- Click the Edit Comment command.
The Edit Comment command
- Make the desired changes.
Editing a comment
- Click anywhere on the slide, and the comment will update to reflect your edits.
The edited comment
To respond to a comment:
- Right-click the comment you want to respond to.
- From the drop-down menu, select New Comment.
Responding to a comment
- Type your comment.
Typing the response
- Click anywhere on the slide, and the new comment will appear below the original comment.
The original comment thumbnail and response
To delete a comment:
- Select the comment you want to delete.
- From the Review tab, click the Delete command.
The Delete Comment command
To delete multiple comments, click the Delete drop-down arrow and select Delete All Markup in the Current Slide or Delete All Markup in the Current Presentation.
Deleting all the comments in a presentation