When using PowerPoint line spacing is critical. Use the PowerPoint indent and line spacing functions to ensure a professional look.
Fine tuning indents
Sometimes you may want to fine tune the indents in your presentations. You can do this by adjusting the indent markers on the ruler. By default, the ruler is hidden, so you'll first need to show the ruler.
To show the ruler:
- Select the View tab on the Ribbon.
- In the Show group, check the box next to Ruler. The ruler will appear.
Showing the ruler
Indent markers are located to the left of the horizontal ruler, and they provide several indenting options:
To indent using the indent markers:
- Place the insertion point anywhere in the paragraph where you want to indent, or select one or more paragraphs.
- Click, hold, and drag the desired indent marker. In our example, we'll drag the hanging indent marker.
Moving a paragraph
- Release the mouse. The paragraph will be indented.
An indented paragraph