PowerPoint charts let you communicate data graphically. Use charts in PowerPoint to help see the meaning behind the numbers.
- Open our practice presentation. You will also need to download our practice workbook.
- On the last slide, insert a line chart.
- Open our practice workbook in Excel. Copy the data and paste it into the chart's spreadsheet.
- Delete the chart title.
- Change the chart type to Stacked Column.
- Use the Quick Layout drop-down menu to change to Layout 10.
- Click the Chart Elements shortcut button, click the arrow next to Axis Titles, and select the Primary Vertical axis title.
- Double-click the axis title, then rename it Sale Profits.
- Switch the Row/Column data.
- When you're finished, your slide should look something like this: