When using PowerPoint line spacing is critical. Use the PowerPoint indent and line spacing functions to ensure a professional look.
Sometimes you may want to fine-tune the indents in your presentations. You can do this by adjusting the indent markers on the Ruler. By default, the Ruler is hidden, so you'll first need to show the Ruler.
To show the Ruler:
- Select the View tab on the Ribbon.
- In the Show group, check the box next to Ruler. The Ruler will appear.
Indent markers are located to the left of the horizontal ruler, and they provide several indentation options.
- First-line indent marker: Adjusts the first line of a paragraph
- Hanging indent marker: Adjusts every line of a paragraph except for the first line
- Left indent marker: Moves both the first-line indent and hanging indent markers at the same time, indenting all lines in a paragraph
To indent using indent markers:
- Place the insertion point anywhere in the paragraph where you want to indent, or select one or more paragraphs.
- Go to the desired indent marker. In our example, we'll use the left indent marker.
- Click and drag the indent marker as needed. When you're done, the selected text will be indented.