Use audio in PowerPoint presentations, from background music to sound effects. Learn all about the PowerPoint audio feature here.
- Open our practice presentation. Also, right-click this link to our example file and save it to your computer. Music credit: Something Small (Instrumental) by Minden, C.C. BY-NC 3.0.
- On slide 3, insert our example audio file.
- Move the file to the bottom-left corner of the slide.
- Trim the audio so the start time is around 00:15 and the end time is around 00:55.
- Change the Fade Duration to 02:00 for fade in and 08:00 for fade out.
- Set the audio to Start Automatically and Play Across Slides.
- Change the icon to an online picture of your choice.
- When you're finished, your slide should look something like this:
- Optional: Play your slideshow from the beginning to test the audio. Your audio should start playing when you get to slide 3, and it should continue to play when you advance to the next slide.