Learn how to use the PowerPoint XP transitions feature in this free lesson.
Adding a transition
Once you've completed all of your slides, you can create a cohesive presentation by adding transitions. You can move from slide to slide with interesting transitions that affect the timing, entrance, and exit of your slides. A transition is an effect that is applied to some or all of the slides in a presentation.
To make transitions from slide to slide:
- Click Slide ShowSlide Transition.
- In the task pane, click the down-pointing arrow next to New PresentationSlide Transition.
- In the Slide Transition pane, choose the effect you want from the drop-down menu.
- Automatically preview each transition by clicking on it. AutoPreview must be selected for this to work.
- Click Apply to All when you have chosen an effect.
- Choose to advance from slide to slide on mouse click or automatically after the number of seconds you select.
- To see how your transition works, preview the slide show. You will learn more about this later in this lesson.
Some transitions works well with effects that have been added to text and graphics. Others do not. Preview a variety of transitions before finalizing your slide presentation.