In Publisher 2003 bulleted and numbered lists can make your publication more readable. Learn how to use them here.
Working with lists
Watch the video! (7:40 min)
You can use bulleted or numbered lists to draw attention to certain parts of your publication. They can help you break large blocks of text into much smaller and easier-to-read chunks. You can also change the style of the numbers or bullets in your lists.
To create a list:
- Select the text you want to format as a list.
- Click the Number or Bullet list icon on the Formatting toolbar.
- Position your cursor at the end of a list item, and press the Enter key to add an item to the list.
- To remove numbers or bullets from a list, select the list and click the Number or Bullet list icon, whichever corresponds to the type of list.
To customize lists:
- Select all text in an existing list.
- Select FormatBullets and Numbering on the main menu. The Bullets and Numbering dialog box will appear.
- Click the Bullets or Numbers tab corresponding to your list.
- Depending on the type of list, you can change the following:
- Bullet character or number format
- Bullet or number size
- Spacing between bullet or number and text
- To use a different character as a bullet:
- Click Character in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box.
- Select a font from the list to see the available characters.
- Select a character, then click OK.
- Click OK in the Bullets and Numbering dialog box.