In Publisher 2003 formatting backgrounds is essential. Also in Publisher 2003 formatting lines is useful. Learn how to use both here.
By the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Select a line
- Format line color, style, and weight
- Format the publication background color
Formating lines and background colors
Watch the video! (4:52 min)
Lines and background colors are a great way to add impact to your document. Lines may be used for visual emphasis, to divide parts of a document, or to suggest things like perforations. A good background color can help your design stand out from the page.
To format a line:
- Click a line to select it.
- To change the line color:
- Click the small triangle next to the line color icon on the formatting toolbar.
- Select a color from the list, or open the More Colors dialog box.
- To change the line style:
- Click the line border style button on the formatting toolbar.
- Select a line thickness or weight.
- Select Advanced Options to choose advanced formatting.
To change the background color of a publication:
- Go to the Main Menu and Select FormatBackground.
- The Background Color options will appear in the task pane.
- Select the color to apply to your publication.
If you have not already done so in a previous challenge, download and save the sample flyer publication to complete this challenge.
- Open the Sample Flyer publication.
- Format the lines between the phone numbers at the bottom of the page to blue, dashed squares, and 2 1/4 pt thick.
- Change the background of the flyer to a color of your choice.