In Publisher 2003 working with images can help you improve the look and feel of your publication. Learn all about it here.
By the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Insert a clip art object
- Insert a picture
- Edit a picture using the picture toolbar
Working with images
Watch the video! (6:51 min)
Images can have a major impact on your publications. Publisher provides several options for adding images like clip art and digital pictures to your publications.
To insert a clip art object:
- Go to the main menu, and select InsertPictureClip Art.
- The Clip Art window appears in the task pane.
- Search for a particular subject of clip art. You can refine your results by specifying a collection or file type.
- Click the clip art you want to insert. It will appear in your document.
- Move and resize the clip art object as needed.
To delete an image:
- Select the object you want to delete.
- Press the Delete key or right-click and select Delete Object.
To insert a picture:
- Go to the main menu, and select InsertPictureFrom File.
- Browse for the image you want in the Insert Picture dialog box.
- Click Insert to insert it into the publication.
- Move and resize the picture object as needed.
Using the picture toolbar
Use the Picture tool bar to:
- Change color
- Adjust contrast and brightness
- Crop an image using the crop icon
- Add a line or border
- Change line or border thickness
If you have not already done so in a previous challenge, download and save the sample newsletter publication to complete this challenge.
- Open the Sample Newsletter publication.
- Insert a clip art image into the first article on the first page. Make the following changes:
- Adjust its brightness and contrast.
- Add a border.
- Delete the image of the sun with glasses on the first page.
- Save and close the newsletter to use in the next challenge.