When writing your resume contact information should be prominently displayed. Learn all about where to put this information.
Open our Chronological Resume Template and save it to your computer as My Resume. Enter your own information into the document as you progress through each lesson in this unit.
This resume template is based on the chronological format. If you would prefer another format you can use another Microsoft Word resume template, or you can use an online search engine to find a template in the format you've chosen.
You will be working only in the contact information portion of this document for this activity. Please refer to the following picture:
After replacing the template text with your own information, be sure to remove the brackets.
- Enter your first and last name in place of [Full Name]. Remember, your middle initial is optional. You can also use a shortened version of your first name if that is what you more commonly go by.
- Enter the digits of the phone number you have decided to use in place of [###.###.####]. This should be a phone you can easily access.
- Replace [mailing address or City, ST] with either your full mailing address including street address, city, state abbreviation, and zip code, or just your city and the state abbreviation.
- Enter your email address in place of [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Email is now the preferred way for a hiring manager to get in touch with you. However, make sure your email address is both appropriate and professional.
- In our example, replace [LinkedIn URL or website address] with your personal website address if you have one. Remember, this step is optional. You can also add this information to a different part of your resume. To save space, you do not have to include http://. Most of the time, this part of the URL is understood.
- Save the file to your computer. You will be adding more information as you progress through other lessons in this unit.