When crafting your resume education information should be displayed somewhere on the page. Learn where it should go here.
Download our Chronological Resume Template if you haven't already. If you've already started your resume template from a previous lesson, you can open that document.
You will be working only in the Education portion of this document for this activity. Please refer to the following picture:
Replace the template text with your own information. Be sure to remove the brackets as you are replacing text.
- If you want, you can change the name of this section to reflect what you are including. Some possible titles include Educational Background, Education and Training, or Education and Professional Development.
- Enter the name of the school you attended in the [Name of School or Institution] placeholder. Use full names of the schools, like Eastern College instead of the abbreviation E.C.
- Include the city and state where you attended the program in place of the [City, ST] placeholder. Use state abbreviations.
- Replace the [Years attended] with the name of the month and year you completed (or expect to complete) your education.
- Enter the name of your degree or program in the [Degree, Award, and/or Honor] placeholder. This can include those earned at traditional two- and four-year universities, community colleges, educational institutions (such as GCFLearnFree.org) and vocational training, Armed Forces training, certifications, workshops, and high school diplomas or GEDs (if you are new to the job market or don't have any additional training). For example, you could write B.A, Communications; A.A., Marketing; or Certificate, Construction Management. If you are including high school on your resume, you can simply use the word Graduated or include a specialty area or honors you received.
- Include any additional schooling or professional development you may have completed.
- Save and close the file. You will be adding to it as you progress through the lessons in this unit.
For workshops or training programs, include the workshop and provider name, location, and dates attended.