Learn all about the Safari browsing experience in this free lesson.
Tabs can be moved and pulled in and out of windows.
To move tabs:
- Click and drag the tab you want to move.
- Release the mouse when you have moved the tab to the desired position.
To pull tabs:
If you want to view two tabs at the same time, it's easy to pull a tab to its own window.
- Select the tab you want to pull.
- Click and drag the tab out of the window. A transparent preview of the new window will appear.
- Release the mouse. The tab will now appear in its own window.
To pin tabs:
If there are some pages you use every time you open your browser, like your email or calendar, you might consider pinning the tab. Pinned tabs will open automatically whenever you start Safari, making your favorite pages easy to access.
This feature was introduced in OS X El Capitan, so earlier versions of OS X won't have this feature.
- Right-click the desired tab, then select Pin Tab from the drop-down menu.
- The pinned tab will appear as a smaller tab in the top-left corner of the browser.
- To unpin a tab, right-click it, then select Unpin Tab from the drop-down menu.