Finding Your Files with Search and Libraries
Use the Windows 7 search and Windows 7 libraries features to find files on your computer. This free lesson teaches you how.
Setting up your Libraries
You decide which folders and content to include in your Libraries.
To create your own Library:
- Select New Library in the toolbar, or right-click Libraries in the Navigation pane.
- Select New and then Libraries.
Create a new Library
To customize your Libraries:
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Select Optimize and choose one of the following:
- General Items
Select item type for new Library
- The new Library will prompt you to add Folders.
To add folders to existing Libraries:
- Select the Folder from the Navigation pane.
- Click the Include in Library menu in the toolbar.
- Select the desired Library.
Add files to new Library
You can also copy Folders from the Navigation pane directly into the Libraries pane based on preference.