Learn all about Windows XP printing capabilities in this free lesson.
The Printers and Faxes folder
Windows XP stores any information about any printer or fax machines connected to your computer in a Printers and Faxes folder, making it easy to install, manage, and use printers and fax machines.
To view the Printers and Faxes folder:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Under Pick a Category, choose Printers and Other Hardware.
- The Printers and Other Hardware folder opens.
- Under Pick A Task, choose View installed printer or fax printers or Add a printer.
- The Printers and Faxes folder opens.
- In the left pane, you'll see several helpful links.
- In the right pane, you see a list of any printers or faxes that are installed on your machine.