Working with Windows Explorer
Learn how to work with Windows XP Windows Explorer in this free lesson to find files and programs.
Copying files and folders
Windows offers several ways of working with files and folders. Copying and moving are two useful techniques.
To copy a file or folder:
- Open My Documents. Locate the file or folder you want to copy in My Documents or its subfolders.
- Click the file or folder you want to copy. The file or folder darkens when you select it.
- Under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file or Copy this folder.
- In the Copy Items dialog box, select the place where you want to copy the file or folder.
- Click the Copy button.
- Choose EditCopy (Ctrl + C).
- Right-click the file or folder and choose Copy.
- Locate the file or folder you want to copy and choose EditPaste (Ctrl + V).
- Right-click the file or folder and choose Paste.