Working with Windows Explorer
Learn how to work with Windows XP Windows Explorer in this free lesson to find files and programs.
Moving files and folders
Moving files and folders is relatively easy using My Computer or Windows Explorer.
To move files and folders:
- Open My Documents. Locate the file or folder you want to move in My Documents or its subfolders.
- Click the file or folder you want to move. The file or folder darkens when you select it.
- Under File and Folder Tasks, click Move this file or Move this folder.
- In the Move Items dialog box, select the place where you want to move the file or folder.
- Click the Move button.
- Choose EditCut (Ctrl + X).
- Right-click the file or folder and choose Cut.
- Locate the file or folder you want to copy and choose EditPaste (Ctrl + V).
- Right-click the file or folder and choose Paste.