AutoCorrect and Find and Replace
Learn how to use the AutoCorrect Word feature, as well as the Find and Replace Word feature, in this free lesson.
To modify AutoCorrect:
- Choose ToolsAutoCorrect from the menu bar. The AutoCorrect dialog box appears.
- Check or deselect any of the following options:
- Correct two initial capitals.
- Capitalize the first letter of the sentence.
- Capitalize names of days.
- Correct accidental usage of Caps Lock key.
- Replace text as you type.
- Use the Replace: box to type a word you frequently misspell or type a shorthand word to represent a longer word or phrase, such as GCF Global Learning.
- Use the With: box to type the correct word.
- Click Add.
If you type a misspelled word into AutoCorrect's With: box, AutoCorrect will always misspell that word.