Selecting text in Word is easier than you think. Review this free lesson to learn all about the select text Word feature.
Third method: Double- and triple-clicking text
- Double-clicking directly on text selects that text.
- Triple-clicking directly on text selects the entire line.
To use the double-click method:
- Place your mouse pointer directly over the word or phrase you want to select.
To use the triple-click method:
- Place your mouse pointer anywhere in the line you want to select.
- It's easy, with lots of control.
- It's not ideal for selecting large portions of text.