If you need to show codes Word 2000 allows you to. If you need to hide codes Word 2000 allows it as well. Learn how here.
Reasons to display nonprinting characters
- General editing: Display nonprinting characters when you need to follow a specified format.
- Combining two paragraphs: Erase the returns that separate paragraphs. Returns are represented on the screen by paragraph symbols. Erasing the symbol will erase the return.
- Deleting tabs: Place the insertion point to the right of the tab symbol , then press the Backspace key.
Displaying paragraph characters
- It's easier to combine and separate paragraphs by erasing and inserting actual paragraph symbols.
- Each paragraph symbol contains important information about the format of the paragraph preceding it, including type size and style, indentation, and borders.