Text boxes in Word are used to draw attention to specific text. Use a Word text box to add definition and make it stand out.
Moving and resizing text boxes
To resize a text box:
- Click once on one of the box's borders.
- The box is now highlighted. Sizing handles (small squares) appear. Hover the mouse pointer over the sizing handle until it turns into a diagonally pointing arrow.
- Click and drag the sizing handle until the box is the desired size.
To move a text box:
- Click once on the text box's border.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the border until it becomes a crosshair with arrows.
- Using this crosshair, click and drag the box until it is in the desired location.