Text boxes in Word are used to draw attention to specific text. Use a Word text box to add definition and make it stand out.
Using the Format Text Box dialog box
The methods for creating and moving a text box are somewhat inexact. Using the Format Text Box dialog box, you can specify colors and lines, size, layout, and text box.
To use the Format Text Box dialog box:
- Double-click a text box border. The Format Text Box dialog box appears.
- You have several tabs to choose from:
- Colors and Lines: Fills text box with color, defines borders
- Size: Defines size
- Layout: Performs text wrap and alignment
- Text Box: Sets internal margins